Are you familiar with the history of how JTAA Lacrosse was started? Not many people are and have asked us.
We have put together this history of the program including when it started and who helped start and shape JTAA Lacrosse in the early years, and how we became the largest youth rec lacrosse organization for both boys and girls in the southeastern United States today.
Our story is told so the kids are aware of all the hard work and countless hours of time and effort that have gone into this program for them to be able to play the game today.
5/12/18 Jupiter High School Boys Lacrosse wins its first ever state championship, many of which are JTAA Lacrosse Alumni
JTAA Lacrosse announces in April that the 2019 will be an all in house program
First Annual Jupiter Lighthouse Shootout 7v7 Lacrosse Tournament at Lighthouse Park is the first ever town sanctioned lacrosse tournament
FiddleStix Coed U6 Lacrosse started in JTAA Lacrosse
Season enrollment record set for most kids ever registered to play
494 (310 boys and 184 girls)
27 Boys and Girls teams plus FiddleStix
Season Enrollment of 425 (274 boys and 151 girls)
24 Boys and Girls teams
* Friday Night Lights pre-season fundraiser record enrollment of 136 boys. New to Friday Night Lights is the Girls league with their own inaugural FNL debut of 53 registered girls.
* Season Enrollment of 410 (277 boys and 133 girls)
* 23 Boys and Girls teams
3/1/14 First Annual JHS/JTAA Jupiter Lacrosse Day Held at Jupiter High School
with the U7 Boys playing the first games of the day.
* Friday Night Lights pre-season fundraiser record enrollment of 111 boys
2014 saw 2 more local area middle schools form teams that took players away from JTAA
* Season Enrollment of 407 (282 boys and 125 girls)
* 23 Boys and Girls teams
* Season Enrollment of 422 (290 boys and 132 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 393 (267 boys and 126 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 327 (225 boys and 102 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 244 (178 boys and 66 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 228 (170 boys and 58 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 193 (143 boys and 50 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 212 (161 boys and 51 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 217 (169 boys and 48 girls)
* Season Enrollment of 210 (approximate)
* 2003 was the first year of Dwyer High School Lacrosse Club which was a direct result
of JTAA Lacrosse success and it took 50 to 60 kids from JTAA to play high school club.
* Season Enrollment of 200 (all from 3/23/03 news article)
* JTAA Executive Board announced that their newly added sport of lacrosse held two clinics during the winter and that each clinic drew more than 100 participants.
* Rendina Companies gave a $1000 donation to help start the JTAA Lacrosse program's first season.
The formation of the sport in JTAA began in 2000 in preparation for the first season in 2001
The first mention of JTAA Lacrosse on the jtaa.org website was on December 14, 2000 and posted the following (from archive.org/web):
Jupiter High School Warriors Boys
Jupiter High School Warriors Girls
Benjamin School Buccaneers Boys
Benjamin School Buccaneers Girls
Jupiter Christian School Eagles Boys
Oxbridge Academy Thunderwolves Boys
Oxbridge Academy Thunderwolves Girls
King's Academy Lions Boys
King's Academy Lions Girls
W.T. Dwyer High School Panthers Boys
W.T. Dwyer High School Panthers Girls
Palm Beach Gardens High School Gators Boys
Palm Beach Gardens High School Gators Girls
Cardinal Newman Crusaders Boys
Cardinal Newman Crusaders Girls
Suncoast-Riviera Beach Chargers Boys
Suncoast-Riviera Beach Chargers Girls
Please go out and support the local teams!
Tools of the trade
JTAA is looking for people interested in starting a Lacrosse League.
If you are interested in helping us start this recreational league, Please contact Sue Miller.
A free Lacrosse clinic backed by the US Lacrosse Association is being offered on January 20, 2001 from 10:00am to 12:00 noon at JCP for kids 8 to 18. Come out to join the fun and try something new. For more information, you can contact Bobby Smith or Steve Caruso.